Recognizing that there exists an interdependency among churches affiliated with the EFCA, and that those who attend EFCA churches must exhibit a spirit of humility, mutual support and accountability among the association of other EFCA churches, I wish to openly state our commitment to work within the following guidelines:
1. I am unreservedly in agreement with the EFCA Statement of Faith.
2. I am in agreement with implementing an Elder led congregational form of government including the minimum requirements outlined in the document, “What It Means To Be An EFC”.
3. I fully agree to the process of developing leaders for the new church beginning with the Local Leadership Team, accepted by the EFCA Texas - Oklahoma District, and eventually appointing elders for the new church recognizing the process may take 2 years or more.
4. I fully agree to be credentialed with the EFCA (license or ordination), before beginning the official launch phase of my church plant. Each additional staff pastor will be encouraged to be credentialed.
5. I will demonstrate a spirit of harmony in working with my brothers and sisters in Christ (even across denominational lines), with the EFCA Texas - Oklahoma District representatives, and with the Partner Advisory Team working with us.
6. The By-laws and Constitution must receive final approval by the EFCA Texas - Oklahoma District Superintendent.
7. I fully agree to lead the new church to begin tithing from the time of the grand opening service. The church will tithe back to the District Church Planting Revolving Fund the amount of funds received. After that, the church will participate in the EFCA FairShare program by giving 1% to EFCA National Office, 2% to the District General Fund, and 2% to the District Church Planting Revolving Fund, and endeavor to partner with other new district church planting projects. As we plant churches, the last three years of our contribution to the CPRF can be used by our church for our daughter church plant in addition to other funds provided by the district.
8. I will be faithful in my coaching appointments, and will make every effort to attend the Annual Church Health Clinic, the regional Healthy Church Cluster meetings, and the EFCA Texas - Oklahoma Annual Conference.
9. I have read and fully agree with all principles and expectations outlined in "What it Means to be an EFC."
10. I understand that the EFCA Texas - Oklahoma District is willing to help fund a church planting residency in the amount of $15,000. In addition, the district may give $3,000 in start-up funding to cover financial and EFCA Boot Camps, conferences, and other start-up costs. Also, the district may give up to $12,000 for the first year of the church plant.